Full Day Barista Course
Full Day Barista Course
Aimed at the student who wishes to work in the industry. This class contains content from both the Barista Basics & Barista Advanced classes, with extra time allocated on the machine so you can perfect your technique.
Please note: If there are no times available for the selected class date, then this time slot is fully booked.
- An introduction to the coffee plant and cherry
- How coffee beans are harvested and processed to produce different flavour profiles
- An introduction to the roasting process and the chemical changes that occur when you roast green coffee
- Roast freshness and why the age of your coffee is so important for espresso extraction
- How to grind, dose and tamp coffee to produce the perfect extraction
- How to determine if your espresso is under-extracted, over-extracted or a correct extraction
- An introduction to the variables that affect espresso extraction such as grind and dose
- How coffee grinders work, including flat burr & conical burrs, and how to use that information to get the perfect extraction
- An introduction to the chemical makeup of milk and how the proteins, lipids and carbohydrates in milk change when you apply heat to them.
- How to texture milk and achieve perfect microfoam
- How to builds drinks in the coffee menu
- How to clean and maintain your espresso machine
- A lot of hands on practice to get you familiar with making espresso coffee, texturing milk and pouring different drinks in the coffee menu.
Attending a Class
What are your cancellation and refund policies?
If you cancel your booking within 24 hrs of the class or do not attend the course, you will forfeit your payment.
We do have a minimum required for a class to run. If we don’t meet the required numbers and have to cancel a class, we will give you at least 24 hours notice and rebook you at a later date/time that is convenient for you.
If you need to cancel or reschedule a class, please contact us as soon as possible. Please note that rebooking a class is subject to availability.
Can I change the date of my class?
Sure thing, as long as you give more than 24 hours notice of the required change, and there are available spots on the chosen date. To change a booking, please contact us.
Where do I go to attend the barista course?
We are located at the Rubra Coffee warehouse – 11 Jones St, O’Connor.
Is there parking available?
Yes, there is verge parking available across the road on weekdays, and the warehouse car park is open to use on the weekends.
Do I receive a certificate?
You will receive a Certification of Completion for each class you attend.
What do I bring to the barista class?
It is recommended that you bring a notebook and pen if you wish to take notes. To satisfy Occupation Health & Safety requirements, you must wear closed in shoes. If you are attending a full day class, you will need to bring your lunch, as there are no food locations open nearby on the weekend. You are welcome to bring a snack for the shorter classes.
What resources will be provided during the classes?
The training uses a combination of hands-on and theory-based learning. You will receive some handouts, and we do use PowerPoints presentations throughout the classes. It is recommended that you bring a notebook and pen if you wish to take notes.