This class is a great introduction for those who are interested in espresso coffee and want to take their knowledge one step further. We cover all the basics of making espresso coffee, texturing milk and making different drinks in the coffee menu. If you have an espresso machine at home, it’s a good opportunity to bring it along to the class and learn how to get the most out of it.
- An introduction to the coffee plant and cherry
- An introduction to the chemistry of coffee roasting
- How to grind, dose and tamp coffee to produce the perfect extraction
- How to determine if your espresso is under-extracted, over-extracted or a correct extraction
- An introduction to the variables that affect espresso extraction such as grind and dose
- How to texture milk and achieve perfect microfoam
- How to builds drinks in the coffee menu
- How to clean and maintain your espresso machine
- Includes plenty of hands-on to get you familiar with the equipment and coffee menu
Do you want to work as a barista? Our Full Day Barista Course is perfect for you! Click here to learn more.
Attending a Class
What are your cancellation and refund policies?
If you cancel your booking within 24 hrs of the class or do not attend the course, you will forfeit your payment.
We do have a minimum required for a class to run. If we don’t meet the required numbers and have to cancel a class, we will give you at least 24 hours notice and rebook you at a later date/time that is convenient for you.
If you need to cancel or reschedule a class, please contact us as soon as possible. Please note that rebooking a class is subject to availability.
Can I change the date of my class?
Sure thing, as long as you give more than 24 hours notice of the required change, and there are available spots on the chosen date. To change a booking, please contact us.
Where do I go to attend the barista course?
We are located at the Rubra Coffee warehouse – 11 Jones St, O’Connor.
Is there parking available?
Yes, there is verge parking available across the road on weekdays, and the warehouse car park is open to use on the weekends.
Do I receive a certificate?
You will receive a Certification of Completion for each class you attend.
What do I bring to the barista class?
It is recommended that you bring a notebook and pen if you wish to take notes. To satisfy Occupation Health & Safety requirements, you must wear closed in shoes. If you are attending a full day class, you will need to bring your lunch, as there are no food locations open nearby on the weekend. You are welcome to bring a snack for the shorter classes.
What resources will be provided during the classes?
The training uses a combination of hands-on and theory-based learning. You will receive some handouts, and we do use PowerPoints presentations throughout the classes. It is recommended that you bring a notebook and pen if you wish to take notes.